Engineering Subject Materials Guide
Use this guide is a starting point for finding information either from library resources or through selected web sites from the appropriate Subject Internet Gateway. Please select an option below.
Subject Support Liaison LibrarianThe library liaision for Engineering is Gillian Kerins.
- Use the library online catalogue to check what books, journals, DVDs, student projects etc. are in the library
- My Record lets you view what items you have on loan, here you can place requests for items on loan to another user & renew your own loans.
- The library's Electronic resources provide access to: full text peer reviewed journal articles, abstracts, conferences and standards.
- The Internet is also a source of information. To assist you we have selected some web-sites and search portals for your subject area on the Subject Portals. These contain links to Subject Internet Gateways which list preselected links to web pages, so you don't have to do the searching.
Journals for this subject area are available in both print and electronic formats.
Print copies are available in the library journal area to the left of the library entrance.
Electronic journals are available:
- freely on the internet - to see a listing please see the subject internet Gateway
- or via our subscription services - to see a listing please see Databases A-Z or search Journals A-Z or go to your subject portal
Relevant Databases & Electronic Resources
These are available via the Subject Internet Gateways .
Class numbers are used to shelve library items in numerical order. Each number represents a subject. All the books on the same subject should be found together. Normally we will have added the first three letters of the surname of author to the class number, to make them easier to find.
Just follow the signage until you reach the number you require, and then follow the numbers on the spines of the books until you find the book you want.
|Topic - Engineering||Class Numbers|
This material is located in the reference section of the library, near the library desk.
This material cannot be removed from the library.
|ASM Handbooks||Reference 671|
|Communications Handbook||Reference 621.381|
|Electronic Engineers Handbook||Reference 621.381|
|Engineered Materials Handbooks||Reference 620.11|
|How Products are Made||Reference 600|
|Index to Theses||Reference 011.75|
|KEMPE'S Engineering Yearbook||Reference 620.0025|
|Machinery Handbook||Reference 621.80212|
|Mechanical Engineers Reference Handbook||Reference 641.5621/SMI|
|Metals Handbook||Reference 671|
|Reference Manual for Telecommunications Engineering||Reference 621.382|
|Handbook of Engineering Calculations||Reference 620.00212|
|Electronic Engineering Student Projects||Reference 621.38 (In silent study area)|
|Manufacturing/Mechanical Student Projects||Reference 670 (In silent study area)|