NOTE: THE LIBRARY RECOMMENDS USING THE GOOGLE CHROME BROWSER TO ACCESS THE WEB SITE.
Internet Explorer help
The library web site is designed to work with Internet Explorer 11 with a screen resolution of 1024 x 786. It will work with other browsers, and is tested for Firefox. There are issues with Internet Explorer and Firefox when linking to secure database web sites. Please read on.
- Allow pop ups for library.ittdublin.ie and millennium.it-tallaght.ie, or just allow pop ups.
- In Internet Explorer go to tools, pop up blocker, and select the option you want to use.
Turning off pop up blocker;
- Enable cookies - this will stop you being logged out of your account unexpectedly.
- In Internet Explorer, go to tools, Internet options, select the privacy tab and set the level to Medium.
HTTP1.1 via proxy connection - avoid logging on again.
- If you are being asked to log in each time you go to open a document, please set your http 1.1 setting to use http 1.1 through proxy settings.
- Go to tools, internet options, advanced. Scroll down until you see http 1.1 settings and tick use http 1.1 through proxy settings. Click ok.
Internet Explorer & Mozilla Firefox: Security warnings when linking to databases and electronic resources.
- When you log on to some of our electronic resources you may get a certificate error when you use Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox 3 +.
- This happens because you are being passed from the library web site to the secure web site of the database. If you click on Continue to web site you will get access to the resource that you want to use.
Internet Explorer - click on continue to this web site
(only for links from the library web site to databases and electronic resources)
If you get a similar message in Firefox, please use the Add an exception link, follow the instructions, and you will not get this message again.
Adobe Acrobat Reader
You will need Acrobat Reader to open exam papers online, and to open many of the electronic journal articles that you will access through our databases and electronic resources.
You can download Acrobat reader from the Adobe web site.
ScienceDirect database and Internet Explorer
ScienceDirect database does not work with Internet Explorer. Please try Chrome or another browser.