Library Regulations for all users
The library regulations listed below are in the interest of all users. Regulations are also on display on library notice boards. Please ensure that you are aware of library regulations and abide by them at all times.
Library privileges may be limited or withdrawn if regulations are not observed
- Students must have their Institute ID card with them at all times to avail of library services. Only registered library users may use the library. Children may not accompany adults into the library.
- Institute ID cards must be produced when requested. Failure to do so may result in disciplinary action.
- Library users are responsible for all items borrowed using their ID card. All items on loan are subject to recall at any time.
- No library material may be removed without authorization.
- Library users will not cause any noise or disturbance which is likely to distract or inconvenience other users. Those making noise will be asked to leave the library
- Know and respect the library zone you are in - quiet zone, silent study zone, group work zone.
- All mobile phones should be switched off or to silent mode.
- No food or drink is allowed in the library.
- Bags must not be taken into the library.
- Library users will not deface or otherwise abuse library property.
- Users must not reserve reading/study spaces by leaving their belongings on tables or desks. Desks, PC’s & Laptops left unattended for more than15 minutes can be used by another user. Belongings should not be left unattended in the library.
- All persons attending the Institute Library in whatever capacity, are expected to behave responsibly at all times, to treat others with dignity and respect, to observe and abide by the Institute Regulations, and not to engage in any illegal, malicious or other activity.